a. A fringe meeting on Poverty and Homelessness
b. General Assembly of the ENGS
Dear Green Seniors,
a. You are cordially invited to follow and participate in a fringe meeting on Poverty and Homelessness. This event takes place Friday 28 May 2021 at 10.00 – 11.30 CET, just before the General Assembly meeting (point b). The item will be presented by Irmgard Seidler, member of the Board of the ENGS, and moderated by Frank Hauser, Secretary General of the ENGS.
b. You are also cordially invited to the next General Assembly (GA) of the European Network of Green Seniors. The Assembly will convene the same Friday 28 May 2021 at 11.30 – 13.00 CET.
Both events will be held as web meetings, alongside the 33th Council of EGP.
This invitation is sent to all Member associations of the EGP. We cordially ask you to distribute this information to your Green senior’s association or, if no such association exists, to the senior members of your Party. (If there isn’t a Green Senior association in your country, we would strongly recommend establishing one. The population in all European countries is ageing and the Green movement cannot prosper if the older generations are not drawn to the activity of the Green Parties.)
In accordance with Article 6.3 of our Statutes the GA convenes once a year.
The agenda for the meeting is the following:
- Opening – Chair of the meeting, secretary, confirmation
- Confirmation of entitled to vote
- Notice to attend the GA
- Approval of the minutes of the latest GA in Tampere, Finland 2019
- Annual report for 2020 (as an annex) and three-year report for 2018-2020
- Financial report for 2020
- GA gives approval of the period’s performance to the previous Board
- Membership fee
- Plan and budget and the current finances
- Proposals from the Board
- Elections of chairwoman/man, treasurer, secretary general, decision about the number of members of the Board, election of Board members in addition to the elected ones
- Motions from members
- Other questions raised in the beginning of the meeting
The Board kindly asks everyone who is interested to join the Board and in particular in the role of the chairperson for ENGS to notify her/himself by sending a CV to our Secretary General Frank Hauser by 14 May 2021 at the latest.
All participants to the 33rd Council of the EGP will be able to see these sessions on the EGP page and in the agenda on SpotMe. They will be able to access it there. All registered participants will get access to SpotMe several weeks before the event.
Vice-Chairperson Vivianne Gunnarsson
Secretary General Frank Hauser